Guidance and resources about employing disabled people and how the Disability Confident employer scheme can help our business.
Succeeding in business is our top priority. So finding the best people is essential. Over 7 million people (17.5%) of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition.
Being Disability Confident could help us discover someone our business just can’t do without. It can benefit our business by:
- enabling you to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- enabling you to secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- saving time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- helping you keep valuable skills and experience
- reducing the levels and costs of sickness absences
- improving employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly
By building a reputation as a Disability Confident employer that actively seeks out and hires skilled disabled people, will be helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures, not just in our immediate business but in our networks, supply chains, and the communities around us.
See how your business can benefit from being Disability Confident.