Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration from 2014 has been developed in collaboration with the Sector Skills Body for business using the most recent National Occupational Standards. It is a fully competence-based qualification. This is one of a suite of new work-based business skills qualifications developed in response to emerging industry trends and the skills and knowledge requirements of employers
Who is it for?
The Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in roles such as:
- Office Manager Business Development Manager
- Executive Assistant Project Manager
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop the specific types of knowledge to underpin learner’s competence as well as the wider sector-related knowledge related to the job roles above. This includes the principles underpinning the resolution of administrative problems, the knowledge related to the management of an administrative function and the knowledge related to business communication models, systems and processes
- develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes being able to identify administrative problems, being able to resolve administrative problems, being able to organise the work of an administrative function, being able to manage administrative workflows and being able to use both written and verbal communication in business
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- have existing skills recognised
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 4 qualification.
- Students on the programme will be at least 18 years of age.
- Students should possess a reasonable standard of English/ Literacy in order to complete the programme. Students may be assessed to ensure this course is suited to your needs
- No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification, however it is likely that they will already be working within the business administration sector, or they may already be employed in a cross-sector role or function that involves responsibility for defined business related activities with an area of responsibility.
What will you learn?
The learner will need to meet the following requirements before the qualification can be awarded.
- Minimum number of credits that must be achieved 57
- Number of mandatory credits that must be achieved 18
- Number of optional credits that must be achieved from Group B 26
- Number of optional credits that must be achieved from Group B or C 13
We are offering the following Unit options (may be subject to change):
Pearson BTEC Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
|Unit||Mandatory Core Units||Credit||Level|
|1||Resolve Administrative Problems||6||4|
|2||Manage the Work of an
|3||Communicate in a Business
|4||Manage Personal and Professional
Optional Units from category B and C will be discussed and selected upon enrolment
How is it assessed?
The units in this qualification are assessed through an internally and externally quality assured portfolio made up of evidence gathered during the course of the learner’s work.
Each unit has specified learning outcomes and assessment criteria. To pass each unit the learner must:
- achieve all the specified learning outcomes
- satisfy all the assessment criteria by providing sufficient and valid evidence for each criterion
- prove that the evidence is their own.
The learner must have an assessment record that identifies the assessment criteria that have been met. The assessment record should be cross-referenced to the evidence provided. The assessment record should include details of the type of evidence and the date of assessment. Suitable centre documentation should be used to form an assessment record.
Relationship with National Occupational Standards
This qualification is based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) in Business and Administration, which were set and designed by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Council for the sector.
Learners who achieve the Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration can progress to:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration– knowledge component for the Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Professional Administration
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business Administration– knowledge component for the Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Professional Administration
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Business– knowledge component for the Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Professional Administration
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Customer Service– competencies component for the Higher Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management– competencies component for the Higher Apprenticeship in Management
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Management and Leadership– knowledge component for the Higher Apprenticeship in Management
- Jobs roles such as Manager, Senior Manager, Director and Head of Department