Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management from September 2014 has been developed in collaboration with the Sector Skills Body for business using the most recent National Occupational Standards. It is a fully competence-based qualification. This is one of a suite of new work-based business skills qualifications developed in response to emerging industry trends and the skills and knowledge requirements of employers.
Who is it for?
The Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management is for learners who work in, or want to work in management roles such as:
- Quality Manager,
- Business Manager,
- Business Improvement Manager and
- Area Manager.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that support competence in the job roles stated above. This includes skills in leading and managing staff, recruiting and selecting employees, developing and implementing operational plans, developing working relationships with stakeholders, and managing business risks.
- develop the role-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above
- have existing skills recognised
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 4 qualification
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Students on the programme will be at least 18 years of age.
- Students should possess a reasonable standard of English/ Literacy in order to complete the programme. Students may be assessed to ensure this course is suited to your needs
- No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification however they are likely to be employed in an operational, technician, associate professional or first line management role; already have core occupational competence and knowledge within the sector, to allow them to complete the qualification, although this is not a formal requirement.
What will you learn?
The learner will need to meet the requirements outlined before the qualification can be awarded.
- Minimum number of credits that must be achieved 53
- Number of mandatory credits that must be achieved 17
- Number of optional credits that must be achieved from Group B 20
- Number of optional credits that can be achieved from Group B or Group C 16
We are offering the following Unit options (may be subject to change):
Pearson BTEC Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
|Unit||Mandatory Core Units||Credit||Level|
|1||Provide Leadership and Management||5||4|
|2||Develop and Implement an Operational Plan||5||4|
|3||Develop Working Relationships with Stakeholders||4||4|
|4||Manage Personal and Professional Development||3||3|
Optional Units from category B and C will be discussed and selected upon enrolment
How is it assessed?
The units in this qualification are assessed through an internally and externally quality assured portfolio made up of evidence gathered during the course of the learner’s work.
Each unit has specified learning outcomes and assessment criteria. To pass each unit the learner must:
- achieve all the specified learning outcomes
- satisfy all the assessment criteria by providing sufficient and valid evidence for each criterion
- prove that the evidence is their own.
The learner must have an assessment record that identifies the assessment criteria that have been met. The assessment record should be cross-referenced to the evidence provided. The assessment record should include details of the type of evidence and the date of assessment. Suitable centre documentation should be used to form an assessment record.
Relationship with National Occupational Standards
This qualification is based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) in Business and Administration, which were set and designed by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Council for the sector.
Learners who achieve the Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management can progress to:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Management and Leadership which together are components of the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Management.
- Pearson Edexcel Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership which are components of the Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Management and Leadership.
With further development, learners can also progress into job roles requiring a more complex set of skills, such as:
- Senior Manager,
- Head of Department and