Our Edexcel Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership from 2014 has been developed in collaboration with the Sector Skills Body for business using the most recent National Occupational Standards. It is a fully competence-based qualification. This is one of a suite of new work-based business skills qualifications developed in response to emerging industry trends and the skills and knowledge requirements of employers
Who is it for?
The Pearson Edexcel Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership from 2014 has been developed in collaboration with the Sector Skills Body for business using the most recent National Occupational Standards. It is a fully competence-based qualification. This is one of a suite of new work-based business skills qualifications developed in response to emerging industry trends and the skills and knowledge requirements of employers.
The Pearson Edexcel Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership is designed for learners’ to develop core middle management skills and competencies. It also introduces learners to strategic management concepts, preparing those who aspire towards senior management roles.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate occupational competence to undertake and progress into middle management roles in a range of business settings, for example:
- senior manager,
- area manager,
- head of department,
- stakeholder manager,
- business development manager
- develop and demonstrate current technical skills and sector related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above, this includes topics on:
- providing leadership and management,
- contributing towards strategic plans,
- designing business processes and
- managing strategic change
- recognise existing management and leadership skills
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 5 qualification
- develop own personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Students on the programme will be at least 18 years of age.
- Students should possess a reasonable standard of English/ Literacy in order to complete the programme. Students may be assessed to ensure this course is suited to your needs
- No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification, however, the learner is likely to be employed in a technician, associate professional or operational management role. This is a suitable progression route from an advanced apprenticeship and where the learner already has core occupational competence and knowledge within the sector and is aspiring to make the transition from first line manager or operational manager to middle management level.
What will you learn?
The learner will need to meet the following requirements below before the qualification can be awarded.
Minimum number of credits that must be achieved 53
Number of mandatory credits that must be achieved 22
Number of optional credits that must be achieved 31
(23 credits from Group B and the remaining 8 credits from optional units in Group B or Group C)
We are offering the following Unit options (may be subject to change):
Pearson BTEC Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
|Unit||Mandatory Core Units||Credit||Level|
|1||Contribute to the development of a strategic plan||5||5|
|2||Design business processes||5||5|
|3||Manage strategic change||7||5|
|4||Provide leadership and management||5||4|
Optional Units from category B and C will be discussed and selected upon enrolment
How is it assessed?
The units in this qualification are assessed through an internally and externally quality assured portfolio made up of evidence gathered during the course of the learner’s work.
Each unit has specified learning outcomes and assessment criteria. To pass each unit the learner must:
- achieve all the specified learning outcomes
- satisfy all the assessment criteria by providing sufficient and valid evidence for each criterion
- prove that the evidence is their own.
The learner must have an assessment record that identifies the assessment criteria that have been met. The assessment record should be cross-referenced to the evidence provided. The assessment record should include details of the type of evidence and the date of assessment. Suitable centre documentation should be used to form an assessment record.
Relationship with National Occupational Standards
This qualification is based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) in Business and Administration, which were set and designed by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Council for the sector.
Learners who achieve the Pearson Edexcel Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership can progress to a range of other Leadership and Management and/or professional qualifications at level 7 and above, for example the Pearson
- Edexcel Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership.
Learners could also use achievement of this qualification to enhance further employment opportunities or progression opportunities within their current or aspiring job role, and/or towards membership to a professional body or institute.