The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services (QCF) is a substantial vocational qualification that will confirm your competence as a nail technician. This qualification is offered in a real salon environment and provides you with the opportunity to learn nail technology skills. It is important for you to have the opportunity to learn in a real working environment, particularly because this qualification leads to employment in such a client-centred and service orientated sector.
This qualification has been designed to:
- support you to gain employment as a nail technician, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role.
- enable you to work effectively as a nail technician including: enhance and maintain nails using UV gel and liquid and powder.
- develop your understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include: designing and creating nail art, air brush designs, enhancing nails with electric files, wraps, promoting products and contributing to the financial effectiveness of a business.
- provide you with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career as a nail technician.
- develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, client care and nail product knowledge.
- develop a range of technical skills in nail enhancements, using a variety of different products, tools and techniques.
- develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a nail technician. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a nail technician. Career opportunities as a nail technician exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Working in commercial nail and beauty
- Working in a retail concession / nail bar
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 2 qualification in beauty therapy and/or a successful skills test and interview.
Method of assessment:
Assessment takes place through evaluation of work-based performance, presenting evidence, witness testimony and questioning. A portfolio of evidence is produced which demonstrates that the candidate can perform to the level described.