After finishing the course the students will be able to develop and demonstrate the knowledge of skills and attributes detailed below.
- Understand roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Knowledge and critical understanding of strategies and support communication for assessing and meeting individual learning needs
- Be able to implement expectations of the minimum core in planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities and relationship in education and training
- Be able to evaluate own practice in planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning
- Understand the application of theories, principles and models of learning in education and training
- Understand professionalism and the influence of professional values in education and training
The learner will need to meet the requirements outlined in the table below before VTCT can award the qualification, i.e. achieves the appropriate mandatory and optional units, as well as satisfactorily complete teaching practice
Minimum number of credits achieved 120
Optional: 45 (minimum)
Teaching & Learning:
All units are delivered using a diverse range of teacher training course and learning methods that support independent student learning. These include informal lectures, online teaching materials and research activities.
Where appropriate, qualifications can be assessed using evidence from the workplace i.e. Observed work, Witness statements, Audio-visual media, Written questions, Oral questions, Assignments and Case studies.
All evidence should be documented in the portfolio and cross-referenced to unit outcomes. Constructing the portfolio of evidence should not be left to the end of the course.
VTCT qualifications are available to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards. They have been developed free from any barriers that restrict access or progression thereby promoting equal opportunities.
There are no formal requirements for entry to these qualifications.
*Minimum cohort size is 10