BTEC Level 7 Professional qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership are designed to provide a focused and specialist vocational course, linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards where appropriate, with a clear work-related emphasis. The qualifications provide vocational programmes of study that meet the individual needs of learners. There is a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in the sector.
Who is it for?
This programme is particularly suitable for more mature learners who wish to follow a programme of study that is directly related to their work experience or to an aspect of employment that they wish to move into in due course. On successful completion of this qualification, national recognition by employers enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study in the vocational area.
This qualification also supports Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as enabling sideways progression to Masters Degrees, such as an MBA, or a Level 7 NVQ in Management.
Students should always check the entry requirements for postgraduate degree programmes at specific Higher Education providers
- Students on the programme will be at least 19 years of age.
- Students should possess a reasonable standard of English/ Literacy in order to complete the programme (preferably at CEFR B2/ IELTS 6)
- Students are expected to be working or have previous work-related experience, preferably in a management capacity. Alternatively, students without such work experience, but satisfying the qualification requirements below will still be considered for entry.
- Students are expected to have achieved either an Undergraduate Degree or an equivalent level Professional qualification.
- A level 5 or higher qualification in Business and Management may also be considered.
What will you learn?
Credit value: minimum of 120 credits
- Learners must achieve 25 credits from the mandatory units and
- a minimum of 95 credits from optional units
The awarding body is Pearson Education Limited which is one of the UK's largest awarding organisations, offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning, both in the UK and internationally.
We are offering the following Unit options (may be subject to change):
Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
|1||Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills||10||7|
|2||Professional Development for Strategic Managers||5||7|
|3||Strategic Change Management||10||7|
|7||Strategic Marketing Management||10||7|
|9||Managing Corporate Responsibility in the Wider Business
|10||Strategic Human Resource Management||10||7|
|13||Managing Financial Principles and Techniques||15||7|
|14||Strategic Supply Chain Management and Logistics||15||7|
|15||Developing Successful Business Teams||5||7|
|16||Research Methods for Strategic Managers||15||7|
How is it assessed?
All units in this Programme consist of learning outcomes and assessment criteria. In order for a student to successfully complete a unit all the relevant learning outcomes need to be achieved. A range of assessment methods is used but the majority of assessment will be largely assignment based.
To achieve a successfully complete a module, a student therefore must have satisfied all the assessment criteria for the learning outcomes, showing coverage of the unit content and therefore attainment at Level 7 of the national framework.
On successful completion of the Pearson BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership, students can progress to Masters degrees, such as an MBA, or a Level 7 NVQ in Management.