The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Professional Qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning that is relevant to them and which gives them opportunities to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Achieve a Nationally recognised L7 vocationally-related Qualification
- Progress to employment in a particular vocational sector
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications
Who is it for?
This course is particularly suitable for more mature learners who wish to follow a programme of study that is directly related to their work experience or to an aspect of employment that they wish to move into in due course. On successful completion of these qualifications, national recognition by employers enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study in the vocational area.
This BTEC qualification also support Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as enabling sideways progression to Masters degrees such as an MBA, or a Level 7 NVQ in Management.
- Students on the programme will be at least 19 years of age.
- Students should possess a reasonable standard of English/ Literacy in order to complete the programme (preferably at CEFR B2/ IELTS 6)
- Students are expected to be working or have previous work-related experience, preferably in a management capacity. Alternatively, students without such work experience, but satisfying the qualification requirements below will still be considered for entry.
- Students are expected to have achieved either an Undergraduate Degree or an equivalent level Professional qualification.
- A level 5 or higher qualification in Business and Management may also be considered.
What will you learn?
- The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is a 120-credit qualification that consists of three mandatory units plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 120 credits (where at least 115 credits must be at Level 7 or above).
- The awarding body is Pearson Education Limited which is one of the UK's largest awarding organisations, offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning, both in the UK and internationally.
- We are offering the following Unit options (may be subject to change):
Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
|1||Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills||10||7|
|2||Professional Development for Strategic Managers||5||7|
|3||Strategic Change Management||10||7|
|6||Creative and Innovative Management||10||7|
|7||Strategic Marketing Management||10||7|
|9||Managing Corporate Responsibility in the Wider Business Environment||10||7|
|10||Strategic Human Resource Management||10||7|
|14||Strategic Supply Chain Management and Logistics||15||7|
|16||Research Methods for Strategic Managers||15||7|
How is it assessed?
All units in this Programme consist of learning outcomes and assessment criteria. In order for a student to successfully complete a unit all the relevant learning outcomes needs to be achieved. A range of assessment methods is used but the majority of assessment will be largely assignment based.
On successful completion of the Pearson BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership, students can progress to Masters degrees, such as an MBA, or a Level 7 NVQ in Management.