Functional Skills Mathematics qualifications are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life. They have been created in response to employers’ perceptions that many learners are not achieving a sufficiently firm grounding in the basics.
These qualifications have been accredited onto the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and are fully funded depending on availability
Who is it for?
This course is ideal if you wish to improve your basic maths for everyday life and to help you progress on to Maths GCSE or other further education courses or improve your employment prospects.
- Students on the programme will be at least 18 years of age.
- There are no formal requirements entry requirements however, you will be assessed to ensure this course is suited to your needs
What will you learn?
The aims of these qualifications are to develop learner understanding and skills in:
- Representing – selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation.
- Analysing – processing and using mathematics.
- Interpreting – interpreting and communication the results of the analysis.
How is it assessed?
The Edexcel Functional Skills qualifications in Mathematics are externally assessed.
Learners must pass the assessment to be awarded a qualification pass.
Learners could progress from these Functional skills qualifications to:
- GCSE in Mathematics or GCSE in Statistics
- other related qualifications.